Monday, July 20, 2009

My Altered Art Work Area





I have been working on my new altered art shell shrines, paper weights, crosses, collages, and photo prints that I hope to sell on etsy or at Portland's Last Thursday in the Alberta Arts District at the end of this month. It's so hard to sell things like this though, when you use your favorite charms and collected findings and put your heart and soul into each piece....it makes me want to price them really high so no one will buy them. At this point I need to start learning how to let go, my house is becoming horribly cluttered and over run with "found objects and craft supplies" (I can justify just about anything I buy by saying it's for my art or photo studio - a prop or a piece I need for a new shrine I am making). Unless I start using all this stuff I've collected I am going to officially be a hoarder/rat packer....or I better make plans to open a really eclectic museum, ha ha. I love to be surrounded with visually stunning art and objects that get my creativity flowing, I am always afraid that if I don't buy something that catches my eye and gives me that fluttery feeling of excitement and inspiration that I will forget and never find it again. The other reason is that everything I find is at flea markets, garage sales, thrift stores and on craigslist at insanely good bargain prices and a lot of the times one-of-a-kind, so the chances of getting it again are usually impossible. I'm sure there are a lot of others who struggle with this same problem, let me know if there is a name for it or some kind of support group I can join =).
Here are some photos of my work area, so you can see what I am talking about.























1 comment:

  1. Thanks os much for stopping by and following my blog!! LOVE your work, I will be back often to visit! Janna

    ReplyDelete